My poetry centers on a quest for spiritual understanding and a sense of belonging in nature and society, despite the many contrary forces in modern life.
Stars and Whispers
This is a collection of fifteen poems spanning my early writing in the 90's through 2011. The set of poems is a reflection on the world, both the universe and the natural world on earth, and our response to and role in this world.
I ordered the poems as a progression of the themes:
- The world and being in this world:
- A spiritual journey that leads to a deeper mystery, not a resolution
- "Times" - on the paradox of Time and on our spiritual journey
- "The Ocean"
- "The Rhythm's End"
- A celebration of the hero in the spiritual journey and a merging with the natural world
- How the spiritual journey parallels the writer as a seeker:
- "The Hunter"
- "The death and life of a thought made word"
- How the world personifies and reflects our spiritual journey, and we perhaps are the World's consciousness:
- "All the Year"
- "The World Personified"
- Finally, ending with nature and the other:
- "The Wonder"
- "Learning to love the all of You"